Year 12 is a busy time for students as they study for the Higher School Certificate and make plans for life after school.
A range of online resources is available to help students and parents understand the HSC and prepare for assessment and examinations.
- HSC online and HSC how it works are useful websites for parents and students.
- Year 12 students can set up their personal profile on NSW students online and access support materials including the HSC exam timetable and answers to frequently asked questions about the HSC.
- Students can prepare for the final exams by looking at past HSC exam papers.
- See NSW HSC online for parents for translated information.
This year it's more important than ever for students to balance commitments between their school, social and family life.
After Year 12
It's a good idea for your child to start thinking about careers that suit their interests and abilities as early as possible. You may like to talk with the careers adviser and research options together.
Resources, such as the following sites are readily available:
Future study and training options
For students considering continuing with study, visiting the following links can help them make an informed decision:
- Leaving school
- Year 12 - what next?
- Going to uni
- TAFE NSW
- Training and industry
- Apprenticeships and traineeships
Going to careers markets and open days are also good ways to find out what's on offer.
These websites list job vacancies and apprenticeship and traineeships opportunities: